In no particular order, things I forgot today:
- my phone
- coupons for Costco
- coupons for Bed Bath and Beyond (I have a rockin’ evening ahead of me right?)
- half and half for our work fridge (we each take turns buying) (this is especially dumb because I specifically put the bottle next to my lunch so that I would see it when I was packing up my lunch. Well, I took my lunch and totally ignored the half and half. Well done.)
- that this was the week that there was a conducting symposium starting at 7:30am in this building, which means that I didn’t have to wake my ass up and leave an hour earlier to open the building, like I usually do on Wednesdays.
Who’s an idiot?
Just what I needed
Another internet distraction.
Cue those small violins.
This morning has not started off so well. Well, actually, that’s incorrect…it started off lovely; Jonny and I woke up and had some nice morning banter and a couple of laughs, I got dressed to take Jess out, Jonny got on the elliptical machine…all was well.
Things that happened after that are as follows:
- while walking back into our parking lot I notice that the car has a flat tire. This sends us into a whole frenzy of “what do we do” because a) we are both insanely busy today and tonight, b) we don’t really trust the mechanic we’ve used in the past (our car suddenly seemed to have many more problems after they worked on it), c) our schedules involved lots of pick ups and drop offs and how would we do all of this…
- I leave in the other car, already late, and proceed to sit in ridiculous traffic because of construction on Lake Shore Drive.
- Jonny goes to class on bike and blows a tire.
- I get a little chilly in the car and change the setting of the AC and suddenly warm air is being blown at me.
- I arrive at work, 25 minutes late, in a crapass mood, feeling guilty about said mood because I have some measure of perspective, but feeling annoyed nonetheless.
Now I’m drinking my coffee and things are quiet here and marginally better. So hopefully suckage levels will decrease not increase. Obviously I know that none of this is that bad…just annoying for both me and Jonny. And of course, when it rains it pours. So…Is there a full moon or something? I believe Susan Miller had mentioned something like this day of debacles happening. Hmmm better check my horoscope one more time.
99 degree forecast.
What a great day for our air conditioning to crap out.
Living in (stupid) fear
So someone posted (and has since deleted?) a post about killer cucumbers in Europe…apparently there’s a batch of cucumbers originating in Spain that is infected with a horrible strain of E.Coli.
This will likely not affect us here in the states. But as we all know, we get tons of this kind of stuff happening here, too. I seriously live in fear that I will be a victim of this type of poisoning. Like, it gives me crazy anxiety. My rational brain knows how dumb this is and so most of the time I can deal with it. But sometimes…like when I read articles like the one I read…I really feel, in the moment, like how can I possibly live with this anxiety!?
It’s a weird and overly-dramatic and stupid thought. But it plagues me. There is so much sickness. Everywhere. Food-related and otherwise. It’s terrifying.
STREET STYLE: Coachella Valley Music Festival
Uuuuuugh….do you guys see what I mean? It’s just…they’re just……smug. Oh so smug. I can’t. I just….I don’t know.
Old and grouchy.
My good friend is a voice over artist for a major family-oriented clothing chain. She just posted this status on her FB page:
Why is it…
I can’t stop…
I can’t not watch it…
Must I watch…
How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days…
What is wrong with me???
OH MY GOD GENIUS.
I also purchased Snyders pretzel and peanut butter sandwich thingies…I just crumpled a couple of them up in my oatmeal.
Sounds gross? IT’S NOT!
Wow, I’m really knocking it out of the park in interest levels today. Still wanna follow me, porn Tumblrs?